Le Groupement Interprofessionnel pour le Développement de l’Activité Thonière (Interprofessional Group for the Development of Tuna Fishing Activities) – GIDAT is a professional association which regroups all the firms, administration and organizations linked to tuna fishing activities in Diego Suarez.
Its goal is to optimize the various activities during the tuna fishing campaign and to insure the best environment in Diego Suarez.
So with all the regular annual meetings and the pragmatic initiatives, particularly before the beginning of the campaign, all the members of the group collaborate for continuous research and effort to be able to offer more to the tuna fishing arsenals: better reception, security, services conditions and administrative facilities during the commercial and technical stop at Diego Suarez.
To be noted that as from March 2009 :
The port is in its rehabilitation phase which will allow a rise in its accommodation capacity of its platform for stocking containers. A real platform for containers will be created. “It would allow to at least double the stock managed presently (236,000 tonnes in 2007 among 2000 boxes)”.
The Secren is presently presiding over the group and already anticipating the preparation of the 2010 campaign.
The members of the GIDAT 2009 :
- Air Madagascar (airline company)
- APMF (Maritime Port and Fluvial Agency)
- Auximad (Auxiliary and Maritime Society of Madagascar – Consignment of ships and transits)
- Port Brigade
- CMDMD (Handling Company of Madagascar Diego)
- Comadie ( Handling Company of Diego)
- CSM (Salt-producing company of Madagascar – Sea salt production, production capacity up to 80,000 tons per annum as from 2010)
- Jovenna (Petroleum company)
- PFOI (Fishing and Cold storage of the Indian Ocean – processing and conservation factory of tuna, daily production capacity 75 to 120 t that is around 50,000 t per annum, stocking capacity 5000 tonnes.
- SDV SCAC (International transit and logistic)
- Secren SA (dockyard)
- Customs Services
- Provincial Fishing Service
- Total (Petroleum company)